MCG Talent is looking for a talented, dynamic Trade Marketing Manager, to drive the success of effective marketing, advertising, and promotional activities of a luxury skincare brand in the Asia region.
Our client is an award-winning brand that specializes in innovative science-based skincare with a focus on green chemistry and sustainability. They are recognized for using patented technology to create responsible and sustainable products that are natural, authentic, and efficacious. Their headquarters are based in the US and they are now looking to deep dive into the Asia market via their existing Hong Kong hub. About the Job
Develop retail driven marketing strategies aligned with the brand strategy
Increasing market share and meeting sell out targets
- Connect weekly with Global Marketing to align on monthly plans, brand updates and local tactical support to improve market share.
- Represent and advocates retailer needs with internal cross-functional partners in marketing, merchandising, digital content, social media, product development and education.
- Oversee execution of retailer assets, merchandising, promotional and launch calendars for timely delivery to key accounts.
- Lead consumer event planning.
- Lead the organization, planning and execution of key opinion leaders (KOLs) visit to the stores according to plan.
- Oversee the retailer social media execution in partnership with the brand and finds ways to maximize visibility outside of co-ad opportunities.
- Develop and perform competitive research and administrative tasks as needed.
- Have a clear understanding of distribution landscape and execute channel strategies.
- Create and implement strong trade marketing plans with strategic retailers across all channels, in line
- with brand and business objectives for key categories and product ranges, including supporting key new product development launches.
- Localize marketing initiative toolkits, to adapt to retailer mindset and differentiated market dynamics.
- Manage local vendors and point of sale materials (POSM) development for local projects and trade marketing executions.
- Work with key account partners to proactively brainstorm and develop 360-degree retailer programs
- that promote sell-through of new launches and continuous partnership across internal and external cross-functional teams.
About the Candidate
- Weekly and monthly sell-out report including trade activities.
- Track & analyze competition trade promotions to establish learnings and better future planning.
- Share a quarterly recap on trade plans highlighting achievements and areas for improvement.
- University degree/ Education (BA level), preferably in Marketing, Business Management.
- At least 5 years of experience in trade marketing or sales roles involving working with high-end retailers (brick and mortar and online)
- Proven track record of success in negotiating co-advertising with retailers and meeting sell-out targets in the skin care industry.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, any additional language would be a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, results oriented mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities and create strong partnerships.
- Strong organizational, keen attention to detail, follow-up skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills, proven ability to analyze and consolidate large volumes of data, develop a fact-based point of view, and communicate it effectively.
- Training experience would be a plus.
- Merchandising experience would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently within a rigorous deadline schedule, multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to function, adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Please note that MCG Talent can only respond to those candidates that we feel meet the criteria laid out by our client.